The City of Akron
Request for Proposals
The City of Akron is seeking proposals from food service vendors for the 2018 season at Lock 3, owned and operated by the City of Akron.
1. Valid license to conduct a Food service Operation (FSO) in the County of Summit, and compliance with all rules and regulations of the Summit County Health Department.
2. Valid Vendor’s Permit from the State of Ohio Department of Taxation, and compliance with its rules and regulations. (An Itinerant Vendors Permit from the City of Akron is not required to operate a food service within the Lock 3 venue.)
3. Agreement to abide by the Lock 3 Vendor Rules and Regulations (attached) including insurance requirements and agreement to pay the required fees to the City of Akron.
The City of Akron Lock 3 will be hosting food Vendors meeting on February 7, 2018 @5pm at Lock 3 park. If you are unable to attend please send a representative from your company. Attendance is required to be a vendor for the Lock 3 Summer Season. At this meeting we will be going over the Food Vendor Participation for the 2018 season. We will be selecting (4) Four Food Vendors for Lock 3 events, food vendors will be provided with a Lock 3 calendar of events and will need to fill out and return to Lock 3 Administrative office via email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail 200 S. Main Street Akron OH, 44308 Attn. Chris Griffith. Deadline for Submissions will be February 21, 2018. We will be scheduling all vendors on March 9, 2018 and you will be contacted by email. Depending on the amount of submissions will determine the amount of events that will be given. The amount of events will depend on how many submissions we receive and it may be possible to not schedule for any events. Returning calendars and forms will not guarantee you a spot at these events. We thank you for your time and our excited about the 2018 Lock 3 Summer Season.
City of Akron
2018 Lock 3 Vendor Rules and Regulations
1. By requesting participation at Lock 3 events, the vendor is agreeing to observe all rules, and to be present at all dates of all events for the time required. If you do not show up or cancel less than 7 days prior to event you will be removed from all Lock 3 events for 2 seasons.
2. Location: Lock 3 Entertainment Venue in downtown Akron, 200 S. Main St.
3. Dates: Generally, Lock 3 events are Fridays: May 25th – September 7th , 2018 and Saturdays: June 23rd – September 8th , 2018. (Excluding festivals as noted below. All events take place rain or shine.
4. Times are approximately 6:00pm – 11:00pm nightly. Some shows may start earlier. Vendors are expected to be ready and open for business when gates open, and to remain open for the duration of the event until concessions are closed by the park manager. Gates open ½ hour before show starts.
6. The Rib, White and Blue Festival is produced by the City of Akron and brings in additional food vendors, June 29th thru July 4th.
7. The Italian Festival is produced by an outside promoter, July 12th thru July 14th. Lock 3 vendors are permitted to participate in this event only with the approval of the event promoter and under the conditions provided by the promoter.
8. The National Hamburger Festival is produced by an outside promoter, August 11th and 12th. Lock 3 vendors are permitted to participate in this event only with the approval of the event promoter and under the conditions provided by the promoter.
9. Menu: Food items must be approved by the city. The City of Akron will be selling all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Vendors may be permitted to sell specialized beverages only with the written consent of the City.
10. Utilities: Limited water and electricity are available.
11. Vendors may sell and/or distribute printed advertising, samples and souvenirs and may display artwork from within the vendor’s own space only; provided that all distributed and/or displayed materials shall be subject to the approval of the City of Akron.
12. The vendor contact listed on the application shall be authorized to make all decisions regarding exhibiting at the 2018summer events at Lock 3 Venue on behalf of the vendor.
Vendor Rules and Regulations
13. Vendor shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the City of Akron, the Akron Civic Theatre, and all sponsors and employees, representatives and agents of each from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and charges (including attorneys fees and costs) for injury, loss or damage to the property of persons (including death) arising out of the vendors activities in connection with the 2017 events at Lock 3, or any breach of representation. The City of Akron, the Downtown Akron Partnership, and all sponsors and employees, representatives and agents of each shall not be liable for any claims, liabilities, costs and charges (including attorneys fees) arising out of an injury, loss or damage to the person or property of Vendor, its employees, representatives or agents. Vendor shall provide and maintain in effect workers’ compensation and employee liability (if applicable) and comprehensive general liability insurance containing a waiver of subrogation in favor of the City of Akron in such amounts acceptable to the City of Akron and evidence of such shall be provided to the City of Akron promptly upon its request.
14. Vendor shall pay any and all sales taxes, fees and assessments required by any applicable federal, state, or local law in connection with Vendor’s participation in the 2017 summer events at Lock 3 Venue. Vendor shall indemnify, defend, and hold the City of Akron harmless for any and all taxes (including fees and penalties, if any) required to be paid by the City of Akron in connection with the Vendor’s activities. Vendor shall provide the City of Akron with all requested documentation to evidence vendor’s compliance with tax laws and rules.
15. If for any reason a 2018 summer event at Lock 3 is cancelled or rescheduled, Vendor’s shall have no remedy whatsoever.
16. Failure to adhere to provided schedule and times may result in forfeiture of Vendor’s permission to participate in this and future Lock 3 Venue events.
17. Vendor is required to keep allotted space and surrounding area clean and free of trash and debris. While onsite, vendor needs to act as a representative of the City of Akron Lock 3, behaving in a courteous, friendly, and non-discriminatory manner towards patrons and staff.
18. Vendor space is only guaranteed during the scheduled Rock the Lock and Lock 3 Saturday Night 2018 events.
200 S. MAIN ST
AKRON, OHIO 44308